Friends of the Spanish culture, this year we mark the 25th anniversary of establishing bilateral relations between the Kingdom of Spain and the Republic of North Macedonia and on that occasion the Embassy of Spain in cooperation with the Spanish Network “Red de Juderías”, the Jewish Community of the Republic of North Macedonia and the Holocaust Fund of the Jews from Macedonia, in the framework of Skopje Summer, organizes the photograph exhibition “DESCUBRE SEFARAD” (DISCOVER SEFARAD).
The inauguration of the same is scheduled for Friday 5th July 2019, at 20:00 hrs at the Holocaust Museum of North Macedonia (Iljo Vojvoda Street, 1000 Skopje), followed by a cocktail.
You can come and visit the exposition as it represents a unique opportunity to discover the routes of Sefarad through a selection of photos of Jewish quarters of Spain, prepared by the Spanish Network “Red de Juderías”.
“Red de Juderías” is a non-profit public association whose objective is the defense of the urban, architectural, historical, artistic and cultural heritage of the Sephardic Jewish legacy in Spain, developing cultural and tourist projects, and exchanging national and international experiences. Created in 1995, it groups 18 cities: Ávila, Barcelona, Cáceres, Calahorra, Córdoba, Estella-Lizarra, Hervás, Jaén, León, Monforte de Lemos, Oviedo, Plasencia, Ribadavia, Segovia, Tarazona, Toledo and Tudela. At the European level, the Network is a founding member of the AEPJ (European Association for the Preservation and Promotion of the Jewish Heritage), which works on the development of the European Jewish Heritage Route.Minguet Quartet Concert
Minguet Quartet was founded in 1988 and is among the world’s most sought after string quartets, which featured in all major concert halls in the world. With his passionate and intelligent interpretations, they offers music that works soothingly and inspiratively – “for the merry of sound and expression with which the ensemble carries out the works revives even the smallest detail.” (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung).
The program includes works from:
Clara and Robert Schuman, Gubaidulina, Brahms
Start: 19: 30h
The entrance is free.Days of Czech culture
Trash Fashion is a competition for high school students all over the country of creations made through redesigning waste materials that is held every year in support of 5th of June – the World Environmental day.
The objective of the Trash Fashion 2019, apart from the idea of joining with the world initiatives that are happening on this day, is raising student’s awareness about the importance of the nature and its preservation. Therefore, one of the ways to realize this was an idea of a fashion show where high school students will have the chance to make designs of clothes and accessories reusing different materials.
On the Eight Trash Fashion will be presented 40 redesigned models made from waste materials in a competition from 100 high schools in Republic of North Macedonia.
Start: 17:00hPRO-ZA BALKAN – International Literature Festival
First day 19th of May 2019
* Opening ceremony – Daut Pashin Hamam – 20:00 – 21:15 hours.
* Introduction of the writers and their works.
* Alek Popov, Svetislav Basara, Jagoda Mihajlovska-Georgieva, Teofil Pančic, Jedrt Lapuh Maležic, Tarik Tufan and Ivica Prtenjača will be presented by Aleksandar Prokopiev, Ermis Lafazanovski and Vladimir Jankovski.
Second day 20th of May 2019
* Ercan Kesal in Skopje! – Open discussion with Ercan Kesal – Turkish cultural center “Yunus Emre” – 17:00 to 18:00 hours. Moderators: Aleksandar Prokopiev and Dejan Trajkoski.
* Round Table “Literature, fear, politics” – EU info Center –19:00 to 20:30 hours.
The guest writers and the members form the “Skopje Fellowship Program” will participate. Moderator: Vladimir Jankovski.
* Meeting of the members of the “Skopje Fellowship” programme with representatives of the Macedonian Association of Publishers
Third day 21st of May 2019
* Closing festival ceremony and presentation of the award “Prozart” – Daut Pashin Hamam, 20:00 hours.
* The writers will read excerpts from their works.
* “Musicians’ cut”: Goce Jovanovski (Foltin) and Andrea Mircheska will perform experimental sound impression from the “Mission London” movie.
* Address by the 2019 Award winner – Alek Popov
* Address by the 2018 Award winner – Svetislav Basara
Fourth day 22nd of May 2019
* Additional Program – Screening of the “Mission London” movie by the writer Alek Popov in Cinematheque. Address by Alek Popov and panel with Aleksandar Prokopiev – starts at 21:00 hours.Poetry slem with Sebastian 23
Sebastian 23 is one of the most famous and most successful German poetry masters. Since 2003, he has devoted himself to this form of literature and represents it in the countries of the German-speaking world. Although he is very engaged, he still finds time for his first appearance in Skopje.
On May 20 we will have the opportunity to attend his workshop at the Faculty of Philology and the performance in the “Public Room”.Movie screening of “Secret Ingredient” and discussion with director Gjorce Stavrevski
Movie screening of “Secret Ingredient” by Gjorce Stavrevski in the EU Info Center. After the screening, a discussion with the director follows.
* The movie will be shown only with an English subtitle. The display is for non-commercial purposes.
Start: 19:0018-23.05 – Italian Movie Week
18-23.05 is Week of italian Movie at Cinematheque of North Macedonia. Check out the program:
Movie screening: Amelie rennt / Mountain Miracle
Young Amelie is sick of asthma; she is angry with God, the world, especially her parents and doctors. After a heavy attack, they are sent to South Tyrol for Amelie`s recover in a special clinic. But the girl also considers the therapy as terror and runs to the mountains. And joins the young Bart, a stubborn and helpful companion. During the search for the escaped girl, Amelie, with the support of Bart, reached its destination, the mountain peak. When climbing, they face a magical fire from St. John, who promises healing to the girl. Perhaps, in the end, it is the timid first love of love, which gives the sick Amelie at least a psychological new force.
Entrance: FreeMovie screening: Mario
You can pick up the free tickets at the MILINE Cinema, starting from May 3, 2019. The cinema hall’s capacity is 510 seats. Given that it is a one-time movie projection, please pick up your tickets on time.
For a fair distribution of tickets and a chance to watch a movie, everyone has the right to pick up a maximum of two tickets.
City cinema MILENIUM is located on the first floor of the Trgovski Center in Skopje. The working hours of the ticket office are every working day from 14:00 to 22:00 and weekends from 10:30 to 22:30. Contact phone: +389 2 3120 389.
Mario “directed by Marcel Gisler is a romantic drama for two young players caught between the politics of the game and the politics of love and their growing feelings for each other in the world of football where the image of promising players is everything.